GSES grid connected PV systems design and installation course aims to provide hands-on training on site assessment & planning, step-by-step design methods, resource assessment & energy yield estimation, use of simulation software, selection of quality components and installation & commissioning of grid connected PV systems in accordance with international best practices. The course will cover grid connected rooftop and MW scale solar PV projects.
Who should attend?
Solar Industry professionals, PV engineers, system designers or anyone else involved with designing/ implementing grid connected PV systems.
1. Overview of solar PV technology, characteristics of solar modules and quality issues
2. System design requirements and technical specifications as per IEC 62548.
3. Impact of accuracy, reliability of solar radiation data on the plant performance.
4. Matching array & inverter for voltage, current and power
5. System protection and safety equipment sizing and selection
6. DC and AC cable sizing, selection and estimation of loss due to voltage drop
7. Site assessment & planning for rooftop and MW scale PV power projects
8. Array layout design and BoM preparation for rooftop and large PV projects
9. Loss estimation & energy yield simulation
10. Use of simulation software for energy yield estimation
11. Design task exercise
12. Installation exercise