Suggested age range for this class: 10-110 years old
Class Price: $80/person
(open to both HammerSpace members AND non-members)
Arduino is an inexpensive and easy-to-learn combination of software and hardware that lets students, artist, tinkerers,and hobbyists, add intelligence to their projects. In this class we’ll be cover the basics of getting started with Arduino and guide you through three introductory projects.
Students needs to bring their own computer with them to this class. We will be downloading and installing software used to program Arduino. **PLEASE NOTE**: Arduino units and other programming materials will be provided by the instructor, but will remain at HammerSpace after the class.
In this 3-hour introductory class we will cover:
● What an Arduino is and what it is and what it does
● Downloading and Installing the Arduino Software on your computer
● How Arduino Programs are written, how they run, and what to do when they don’t work
● How to control a LED connected to the Arduino
● How to control a Hobby Servo connected to the Arduino
● How to make the Arduino play a sound