The plans for the Houghton Jail are in the preliminary stage.
UPEA comments from Karin Cooper and Rod Miller.
The solutions presented may not solve every issue, but we believe it is a good solution for the jail for many reasons:
* conforms to jail construction standards
* improves security for the public, corrections staff, and courthouse employees by providing interior connection to the courthouse
* provides flexibility for classification and separation of inmates
* more controlled and observable movement paths (safety)
* cost-effective for construction, efficiency, and operations
For more information on the Houghton County Jail plans please visit: www.lwvccmi.org