Hearth Hospice and Heritage Funeral Home and Crematory of Chattanooga consider it a privilege to provide this FREE service to the community. Complimentary refreshments will be provided.
We will be meeting weekly on Thursday's. You can start at any time or come to as many as you like. Obviously, we would like you to come to the whole series if you can.
What is GRIEF?
* Grief is the normal and natural reaction to significant emotional loss of any kind.
* Grief is the conflicting feelings caused by the end of, or change in, a familiar pattern of behavior.
* Grief is the feeling of reaching out for someone who has always been there, only to find when you need them again, they are no longer there.
There are over 43 losses that are considered Grief. Some examples include:
Death, Divorce, Retirement, Moving, Pet Loss, Financial Change, Loss of Health, Legal Problems, Empty Nest, End of Addiction.
Grief is often mislabeled as ADHD, Depression, PTSD and many other pathological conditions.
What is Grief Recovery?
* Recovery is being able to enjoy fond memories without having them turn painful.
* Recovery is acknowledging that it's perfectly okay to feel sad from time to time, to show emotion, and to talk about those feelings no matter how those around you react.
* Recovery means acquiring the skills that will allow us to deal with loss directly.
* Recovery is taking action with open-mindedness, willingness and courage.