HERMANN’S & The Sustainable Food Stories are again teaming up! This time we invite you to a delicious Sunday Lunch, and in true positive nerdy style we want to celebrate the diversity, beauty and deliciousness of plants.
Join us for a communal feast where each dish is centered on a plant family. You will be taken on an edible journey from seed to flower, with different varieties, parts and species tasted and explored as well as some interactive fun with our personal fave...the Gramineae family, aka the grains!
🇬🇧 Please note, the event will be held in ENGLISH! 💂
The Soup-er Seeded Menu
The adventure begins...
- Marine algae and umbelifer broth
- Seaweed, carrot, celery, parsnip, coriander, parsley w/ graminae sourdough
- Einkorn, spelt, wheat, rye, corn, barley
The main event...
- Chenopodiaceae tart
- Beetroot, rainbow chard, quinoa pastry w/ nightshade and allium strata
- Layers of potato, smokey aubergine and leek bound w/ smoked water and sundried tomato sauce
w/ brassica olio
- Sautéed broccoli, Brussel sprouts, mustard greens and kale w/ rapeseed oil and toasted mustard seed
- Polygoneaceae medley
- Spiced poached rhubarb, sheep’s milk custard, sorrel meringue, toasted buckwheat crumb