It's been a pretty messy winter here at HPEC. Trash and debris have entered our waterways and public spaces by way of spring rains, heavy winds, & continuing development/construction.
Calling all Community Cleanup Stewards!
What: Spring Cleanup Event
When: Saturday, April 14th 2018 from 9am-12pm
Who: High Plains Environmental Center
Where: 2698 Bluestem Willow Dr.
Why: An immense amount of trash has found its way onto the properties we own and manage, and we need your help to clean it up. Trash pickup is more than getting rid of unsightly or unhealthy debris. It is also about restoring habitats and preventing impacts of harmful consumption on plants & wildlife.
Did you know that HPEC has also adopted a roadway on Boyd Lake Ave.? Come on down and help us beautify our community while restoring habitat for native plant and animal species.
The cleanup event will occur in a few places around our property:
- HPEC's trail system (about 4 miles in total)
- At the edge of HPEC's two lakes (Houts & Equalizer)
- Along Boyd Lake Ave. from Highway 34 to E. 37th St.
Some Important Details:
1. This is a child-friendly event. Please wear closed-toed shoes, bring layers, and prepare for walking, bending, and carrying bags of trash.
2. HPEC will provide gloves and trash bags. We request that those who would like to help clean up the lakes wear water resistant (rubber if possible) boots or shoes.
3. Water & Snacks will be provided, as will a Swag Bag of Appreciation for all Community Cleanup Stewards!
Please email Lauren@suburbitat.org or call 970.622.9676 if you are interested in participating or have any questions.