Learn about wills, trusts, powers of attorney probate and guardianship. Take the first step to create or update a plan that is appropriate for you. Attorney Jacob K. Ehrensaft will explain how to ensure your final wishes can be protected. This program will discuss how to select the correct person to make healthcare and financial decisions on your behalf when you cannot. The importance of updating existing documents to reflect changes in the law and personal circumstances shall also be reviewed.
Issues covered include:
1) Who will make healthcare and financial decisions for someone if they become incapacitated?
2) Who will care for minor children if something happens to their parents?
3) Should living wills be used in Illinois?
4) Making sure children are treated fairly they are the biological children of both parents.
5) Should your existing will and/or trust be updated?
6) What are the advantages of using a trust over a simple will?
8) What is the best way to provide for a beneficiary with disabilities/special needs?
9) Changes in estate taxes.
10) Changes for powers of attorney in Illinois.
This program is sponsored by Jacob K. Ehrensaft, LLC, the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, and the Highland Park Public Library.
Money Smart Week® (MSW) is a national education campaign designed to help consumer better manage their personal finances. Started by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago in 2002, the program consists of public and private partner organizations offering thousands of free classes, seminars and other educational activities. Full calendar of events.
Meets in the Library Auditorium. This is a drop-in event and no signup is necessary.