Annie Get Your Gun
Starring Miss America, Katie Harmon
Director Stephen Munshaw
Choreographer Bryant Henderson
First Day of Rehearsal: July 8, 2018
Show Dates: Aug 30 – Sept 9, 2018
Based on the true story of legendary sharpshooter Annie Oakley, this classic Western rags-to-riches musical shows the tenacity of the human spirit. When backwoods Annie is entered into a shooting match with the sharpshooting star of Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show, she falls head over heels in love. Frank Butler can’t help but be charmed by the rough and naïve Annie. Despite hard luck, pride and sabotage, Annie triumphs and learns There’s No Business Like Show Business! This 1999 revised version by Peter Stone was popularized by Bernadette Peters on the Broadway Stage.
Please submit a pdf headshot and theater resume to email@example.com. You will be contacted and
given an audition time. For the audition, please prepare a short comedy monologue and a musical theater song with CD or bring piano accompaniment.
Casting the following roles:
▪ Buffalo Bill Cody – (40+; Baritone) – owner and founder of the Wild West Show, white-haired and bearded, imposing man; pulls all the acts together as much as possible!
▪ Dolly Tate – (age 40+; Alto) – Frank’s assistant in the Wild West Show, slightly over-the-hill redhead, been around a bit; ambitious and mean-spirited; shopworn clothes horse; in love with Frank;
▪ Tommy Keeler – (age 20+; Tenor) – young, handsome knife thrower, half Irish half Native American; madly in love with Winnie
▪ Winnie Tate – (age17+; Mezzo Soprano or Soprano) – Tommy’s assistant, pretty younger sister of Dolly Tate, sweet girl, madly in love with Tommy
▪ Charlie Davenport – (age 50+; Baritone) – General Manager of the Wild West Show, middle-aged and ”road warrior” who has seen and heard everything show business has to offer
▪ Foster Wilson – (age 50+non-singing) grizzled hotelier, “salty”, discovers Annie, kind of “fatherly” to Annie
▪ Chief Sitting Bull – (age 40+; non-singing) – noble looking Sioux warrior; supports Annie monetarily by becoming partner in Wild West show; sees Annie as his adopted daughter
▪ Jessie – (age 12-14; Alto) – Annie’s little sister
▪ Little Jake- (age 8-12; alto) – Annie’s little brother
▪ Running Deer – (age 20+; ensemble) – Native American member of the Wild West Show
▪ Eagle Feather – (age 20+; ensemble) – Native American member of the Wild West Show
▪ Pawnee Bill – (age 50+; non-singing) – owner Far West Show; Buffalo Bill’s rival and ex partner
▪ Mac – (age 40+; non-singing) – the Prop Man of the Wild West Show
▪ Mrs. Sylvia Potter-Porter – (age 30+; ensemble) – elegant socialite
▪ Mrs. Schuyler Adams – (age 30+; ensemble) – elegant socialite
▪ Ensemble – Cowboys, Native Americans, Cowgirls, Royals, New York Socialites.
▪ Looking for Actors with additional skills: rope twirlers, guitar players, gymnasts, tap dancers, hoop dancers.
Auditions Dates at the Elsinore Theatre
Sunday, April 22 -- 9-12 PM -- Invitational auditions
Wednesday, April 25 -- 6-9 PM -- Invitational auditions
Saturday, April 28 -- 10-4:00 PM -- Open auditions
Sunday, April 29 -- 1-5:00 PM Open auditions
Tuesday, April 24 -- 6-9pm Dance auditions
Sunday April 22 -- 1-5pm Dance Auditions at Eugene Ballet Academy