Huntington Junior College is pleased to announce the 2018 Chester A. Riley Scholarship test. The test is designed to provide scholarships to students who plan to continue their education at the college level. The scholarship can be used toward any of the degrees offered at Huntington Junior College. (Administrative Technology, Accounting, Business Management, Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting, Medical Coding, Realtime Reporting, and Substance Abuse Counseling Assistant)
Up to six scholarships may be awarded. The first place winner will receive a full scholarship at Huntington Junior College in the field of the winner's choice. Up to five partial scholarships may be awarded. Partial scholarships will cover the cost of tuition for one term.
Contact Jim Garrett to register at 304-697-7550.
1. The scholarship test will be open to the first 40 people to register for the exam.
2. The test will be open to new students planning on attending HJC or active HJC students who started the college for the first time during the previous Summer, Fall, or Winter terms. (Students who are already enrolled in HJC, must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA to sit for exam.)
3. Students must score at least 70% on the exam to be eligible for a scholarship.
4. The top scoring student (over 70%) will receive the full scholarship.
5. The next 5 scores (over 70%) will be awarded a partial scholarship.
1. The student must enroll within 1 year of the scholarship being awarded.
2. The full scholarship will be awarded for 9 quarters of academic study or the completion of an associate degree, whichever comes first.
3. The scholarship expires 3 years from first enrollment.
4. Student must be enrolled as a part-time student at minimum.
5. Student must complete at least 2 classes per term with a 2.0 GPA.
6. Failure to maintain academic standards will result in the student being placed on a scholarship probation period. If the student fails to meet the academic requirements going forward, the scholarship is forfeited.