This comprehensive training in the IFEAL Method of Equine Facilitated Psycho-Traumatology (EFPT) to treat both adults and children with Trauma, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Complex PTSD includes training for treatment of Mood, Depression, Anxiety and Personality Disorders.
Course Learning Outcomes Professional competency IFEAL Method of EFPT for adults, children and trauma informed workshops involves attaining a level of proficiency in the following key areas:
1. A Systematic Approach to Treating Trauma, PTSD and C-PTSD
2. Differential Bio-Psycho-Social Formulation and Treatment Plan for Trauma, PTSD and C-PTSD
3. Treatment Approaches for Trauma, PTSD and C-PTSD includes training in:
i) Individual, manualized trauma-focused psychotherapies that have a primary component of exposure and/or cognitive restructuring options currently evidenced and recommended to treat Trauma, PTSD and C-PTSD
ii) Individual, manualized non-trauma-focused psychotherapies currently recommended useful in the treatment of Trauma, PTSD and C-PTSD
iii) Psychotherapies where there is currently insufficient evidence to recommend for or against but still considered useful in the treatment of Trauma, PTSD and C-PTSD
4. The IFEAL Method of Equine Facilitated Psycho-Traumatology Activities
5. The IFEAL Methodology to systematically and empirically assess client's needs, progress and outcomes, based on client's narratives, using bio-psycho-social frameworks to evaluate the subjective and objective aspects of client sessions.
6. The IFEAL Method of Relational Equine Theory and Practice including Welfare Considerations
7. Theories of Group Dynamics
8. Planning and Delivering a Trauma Informed Workshop
9. Reflective IFEAL Method Practitioner Skills
Learning and Training Process at IFEAL Q
IFEAL Qualifications are recognised internationally as the gold standard in Equine Facilitated/Assisted Interventions and Training and we attract individuals from a variety of different backgrounds, from mental health professionals, professional business coaches and consultants, equine professionals, health and well-being practitioners. Our students’ travel from all over the world to attend training; past students have come from Spain, Austria, Germany, South Africa, Lebanon, England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland. The course format works well for those travelling from further afield due to the 5 days’ blocks with distance learning in-between. The minimum age to attend the course is 21, and we have had students whose ages range from anywhere between 23 to 72 so not age limited! Each cohort has a limited number of places, with no more than 12 students attending.