- WEEK 1:
Monday, Apr. 30 @ 9am-12pm PST
Friday, May 4 @ 9am-12pm PST
- WEEK 2:
Monday, May 7 @ 9am-12pm PST
Friday, May 11 @ 9am-12pm PST
- WEEK 3:
Monday, May 14 @ 9am-12pm PST
Friday, May 18 @ 9am-12pm PST
- WEEK 4:
Monday, May 21 @ 9am-12pm PST
Friday, May 25 @ 9am-12pm PST
Tuesday, May 29 @ 9am-12pm PST
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEU's)
The Ignite Institute is able to offer 4.3 CEU's for the Bootcamp. (27 hours of "in-session" time + 12 hours of field time + 4 hours of reading)
If you would like to earn CEU's for your participation in the Bootcamp, please check the appropriate box during your registration.
This Ignite Bootcamp is a hands-on experiential learning journey designed to encourage, empower and equip you to get started on your journey to become a social entrepreneur. Together we will form a learning community of meaning-driven entrepreneurs who will explore and experience how impact entrepreneurship could help your church have greater financial sustainability and social impact.
Along the way you will learn and apply in practice some of the most powerful customer-centric tools you can use to design, prototype, iterate and launch world-changing businesses in real life.
Because of the participatory nature of the workshops, you must be highly motivated and driven to learn, and ready to engage with peers and others. Throughout the Bootcamp we will ask you to interact with your peers and with the community . If you have existing business ideas in any stage of maturity you are encouraged to use the Bootcamp to further develop your social business concepts.
You will receive similar bootcamp-style training as in famed Silicon Valley incubators but with two important twists:
• We will focus meaning-driven businesses, which in addition to making money create a tangible, measurable, positive social and environmental impact in the world.
• We will discover and develop our “inner technologies”, using positive psychology, mindfulness and other techniques to hone in our leadership skills as meaning-driven entrepreneurs.
PSR is a proud Ashoka U Changemaker Campus.
Manuel Maqueda, Founder and Director of Kumu and Kumu Thrive. Manuel is passionate about ushering a life-sustaining, just, and thriving way of life. Manuel has founded / is involved in a variety of value-driven organizations and projects, including Kumu and Kumu Thrive. He is the author of the forthcoming book The Meaning Economy. Manuel holds a Master’s degree in Economics and Business, and a Law Degree. He teaches social entrepreneurship at UC Berkeley and gives workshops and lectures internationally.
• You will learn and apply design thinking, value proposition discovery and other methodologies to uncover profitable business opportunities in your community.
• You will learn how to test and prototype any business value proposition quickly and cheaply.
• You will learn and apply other state-of-the-art Lean Startup tools, including business model and impact model generation and canvassing tools.
• You will acquire a good understanding of the role of meaning-driven entrepreneurship in the world today, and the trends affecting its future.
• You will learn and practice how to present your business case to others in order to attract the support you need.
• You will receive basic training in the Inner Technologies and abilities needed to be the leader of a social business, such as positive leadership, and appreciative inquiry.
• You will learn to work in teams to create an impact business proof of concept and receive and integrate feedback and insights from the instructor, other classmates, the public, and successful impact entrepreneurs.
The Bootcamp has 8 online workshops of 3 hours each, plus a final 3-hour Demo Day online event where you and your team will present your social businesses cases to a panel of entrepreneurs and investors.
In between classes you will have individual and group assignments, as well as one individual mentorship session - all online.
To attend the Bootcamp you will need internet connection, a computer (Mac or a PC with camera, microphone, and speakers) or a mobile device (Apple or Android smartphone or tablet.) You will also need to install a free software in your computer – or a free App in your device.
In case your internet goes down or when you are unable to be in front of a device or computer, you may also phone in – but this is only advisable in case there is no other option.
We will make all materials available to you for download via a shared cloud folder.
TIME COMMITMENT PER WEEK
In addition to the 6 hours of Mandatory participation in the workshop sessions, you are expected to spend:
1-2 hrs | Course Prep: Optional reading, videos, etc
3-10 hrs | Learn by Doing : Mandatory work on your social business venture in between classes.
1 hr | Peer Mentoring: Mandatory connection with peers for mutual mentorship.
WORKSHOP 1 | Foundations of Social Entrepreneurship
WORKSHOP 2 | Becoming s Social Entrepreneur
WORKSHOP 3 | Uncovering & Assessing Business Opportunities
WORKSHOP 4 | Understanding Customers & Creating Value Propositions
WORKSHOP 5 | Business & Impact Models
WORKSHOP 6 | Guided Lab Session 1
WORKSHOP 7 | Getting the Ball Rolling
WORKSHOP 8 | Guided Lab Session 2
FINAL SESSIONS | Demonstration Day
QUESTIONS? Please contact Megan Clark at email@example.com.