As the cities are expanding and getting smarter, the natural spaces are shrinking and becoming fewer. We, urban denizens could yet create spaces for wildlife to thrive in our small & big gardens. Interestingly metros and cities of India still host a wide range of wildlife that has mastered the art of living with us. With some more help, we could retain the balance between our world and the natural world.
In July 2015, the Ladybird Environmental Consulting started its first online course on Gardening for Wildlife. This is the first course in India on wildlife gardening. The aim, of course, is to provide ideas and tools on establishing gardens for wildlife with primary focus on bees, butterflies, and birds. After the success of its first & second batch, admissions for the third batch are now open!
Who should enroll?
Home gardeners, environmental educators, environmental consultants, wildlife enthusiasts, horticulturists and landscape architects.
What are the benefits?
* Learn about specific plants (indigenous/exotic/hybrid/wild) that attracts wildlife.
* Learn about wildlife that is adapted to city life & understand the importance of habitats,
* Get equipped to deal with unwanted wildlife,
* Develop handcraft skills in recycling household items,
* Learn techniques of habitat monitoring and be a citizen scientist,
* Use gardens as medium of creating awareness about local biodiversity.
* Meet like-minded people and exchange gardening tips.
*Audit/Credit options available
Where this learning could be applied?
One could create such habitats, in school backyard, college campuses, public parks, institutional and company premises.
1. Introduction to wildlife-friendly gardens
2. Landscaping for wildlife
3. Plantation for wildlife
4. Caring for garden and Wildlife
5. Documenting Wildlife
6. Garden Education
Course Delivery: 100% online
Course Duration: 3 months (May 2018 - August 2018)
Course Fee: Rs. 6500/- per head
Course Materials: 6 chapters with videos
Activities Offered: Online assignments (6 ), Google Hangouts with Faculty (6), Field Visits (3), Project work (1), Hands-on activities (3) and Final exam (1).
Faculty: Ecologists, Landscape Architects, Educationists, Naturalists.
Call on 9987013144 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Last date for registration: 20 April 2018
Bank Details : NEFT/IMPS
Bank Account Name : iNaturewatch Foundation
Bank Name In Full : Corporation Bank
Savings Account Number : 520101029079787
IFSC Code : CORP0001160
Bank Address : Corporation Bank, 1160 Kharghar, Om Sai, Shop No 7-11, 23/c, Sector 7, Service Road, Kharghar – West, Navi Mumbai - 410210, Thana District, Maharashtra.