The Bhagavad Gita is an allegory of the struggle between good and evil and the dilemmas we face in our lives. It delves into the philosophies of yoga and big life questions such as, “Who am I?”, “What is my purpose?” and “Why am I here?”. Join us for a weekend that deepens your own personal inquiry and brings traditional teachings to the relevance of your modern life.
In this weekend yoga workshop you will learn the history of the Bhagavad Gita, Hinduism and Indian society, an overview of the Bhagavad Gita's central themes, plot and main characters, and key terms such as Dharma, Svadharma, Karma, Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Adhikara, and Sanyasa.
Nora Maskey, Alice Hong, Erin Macaig
• The History of the Bhagavad Gita, Hinduism and Indian society
• Overview of the Bhagavad Gita: central theme, plot and main characters
• Metaphors of the Bhagavad Gita
• Key terms: Dharma (duty to attain self-realization), Sva-dharma (duty to attain our path), Karma (Samsaric cycle of birth and death), Karma Yoga (spiritual activism), Bhakti Yoga (devotion), Adhikara (authority in action), Sanyasa (formal vow of renunciation)
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN FROM THIS WORKSHOP
• 18 classroom hours, including daily asana practice
• Course notes
• Continued Education (CE) credits with Yoga Alliance
• Knowledge of central concepts of the Bhagavad Gita
• Knowledge of inspiring themes of the Bhagavad Gita
• Enquiry and insight into your yoga journey
• A community of like-minded seekers to share your path with
TUITION: $390 (no GST)
Location: Define Yoga
1221B Kensington Rd NW, Calgary, AB T2N 3P8
TO REGISTER: http://inspiredyogainstitute.com/modules-and-instructors/bhagavad-gita/
*This program is a part of our 200HR Yoga Teacher Training and can be taken on its own or towards a certification.