MOVE Week is an annual event showcasing the benefits of being active and participating regularly in sport and physical activity.
MOVE Week events can come in all shapes and sizes:
* MW events can target a specific group such as children, women or elderly adults or be open to all.
* MW events could be implemented in special places such as juvenile homes or jail houses.
* They could be Multisport festivals or one particular event such as a marathon;
* MW events could be in a form of small gatherings or large community-wide festival;
* MW events could be gyms and sports clubs opening their doors for the general public
There really is no “one size fits all”. The MOVE Week philosophy is to get people moving no matter your age, background or fitness.
The only rule for MOVE Week events, when you organize them especially for MOVE Week, is that they need to be free for the public. You can organize a paid event only if it is supporting a cause/charity and money collected from the event are transferred to the beneficent of the charity.