Amid rising islamophobia and hate crimes, it is important for Muslim women to be prepared to defend and protect themselves against all forms of violence.
Muslim Women For is hosting a free self-defense class designed for Muslim women that will be facilitated and led by three local women self-defense experts. This training will serve to empower women through self-defense and teach important skills needed to deescalate threatening situations.
- The self-defense class will be held at the Islamic Association of Raleigh on the second floor in the women's Musalla area.
- This self-defense class will be sensitive to elders and folks with disabilities.
- You can wear everyday clothing, but you are encouraged to wear workout clothing.
- childcare services, transportation services, and translation services will be available.
- water and snacks will be provided, but you are encouraged to bring water bottles.
- bring your TRUE and AUTHENTIC SELF!
Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns. We really want this to be easy and accessible for everyone!