SAVE THE DATE!
The second annual #JoziWalks weekend kicks off on May 19-20, 2018.
#JoziWalks is a series of sponsored walking tours initiated in 2017 by the Johannesburg Development Agency (JDA) in partnership with local community activists, tourism entrepreneurs, walking tour operators, and heritage specialists. #JoziWalks aims to get Joburgers onto the streets to walk and engage with neighbours and their local community, and to enable people to discover and share insights and ideas about the neighbourhoods they walk.
On the weekend of May 19-20 eleven #JoziWalks will set off:
*Township into Towns with Maboneng Township Arts Experience in Alexandra.
* #BikesMustRise with Black Bite Productions cc. in Diepsloot.
* Honing in on Hope with the Spaza Art Gallery in Troyeville, Ellis Park, Betrams and Doornfontein.
* Hillbrow Youth Walks with Outreach Foundation, Hillbrow Theatre Project and Johannesburg Heritage Foundation in Hillbrow.
* The Underground Booksellers of Johannesburg with Bridge Books City Central in the Joburg CBD.
* City Skate Tours with City Skate Tours in Marshalltown and Newtown.
* Intouch Community Tour with In-Touch Youth Development & Community Justicein Orange Farm.
* Walk The Wilds with James Delaney in The Wilds, Yeoville, Berea and Louis Botha.
* Time Flies and the Mystery of Braam’s Fountain with Wits Urban Institute in Orange Grove, Norwood, Orchards and Ethel and Gray Park.
* De-Tour: Living Landscapes after Forced Removals with Fietas Museum in Fietas and Sophiatown.
* Walk Soweto with Notes with His and Hers - Jams in Soweto's Orlando East and West.
More detailed information on all of this year's #JoziWalks and how you can book to join us at #JoziWalks2018 will be announced on our Facebook page - watch this space!!