Do you already train the foundations of agility and want a fun class to attend?
In Term 2 we are introducing an Intermediate Level to our AGILITY FOR FUN group class.
The intermediate level class is designed for those who have either:
- Graduated the Beginner Level - Agility For Fun Class
- Are currently having lessons in Level 2 or above is our Click Start Agility Program
- Or currently training at another agility club above foundation level - please email Sarah with any questions on suitability.
Our Agility For Fun Classes are ideal for those wanting to do something fun and exciting with their dog without the pressure of competing in mind.
Each week a small course will be set up which will include our contact equipment (Dog walk, A-Frame and/or Seesaw). Frank our instructor will guide you through the various handling options and skills required to run the course.
Our classes run in school term blocks, with the first class block of classes starting Wednesday, May the 2nd.
Class starts at 7.30pm - 8.15pm (set up from 7.15 after the Beginner Level class finishes). Class is held in our NEW Kalmpets Canine Sports Academy Arena.
Cost of the Term 2 (9 weeks) $220 - Starting Wednesday May 2nd.
Prepayment is required to secure your spot. Enrolment must be prior to 25th April.
Our classes are run by Frank Fitzpatrick a Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner. Frank has been competing in Agility since 1995 and has been instructing for 17 years. Frank has not only competed locally but also nationally and internationally.
Our indoor, climate-controlled facilities are like no other in WA and we would like to keep them in current condition and extend the life of the equipment by asking users to follow a few basic rules.
- NO toileting in the arena – We understand that dogs will be dogs, but we ask that you do not allow your dog to pee on the equipment, arena walls or arena flooring. You will be informed at the first lesson how to clean up an accident if it does happen.
- The trainer will break every 15-20 minutes to allow the dogs in the class to have a toilet break. During this time we encourage you to take your dog outside to the verge or across the road to the park to smell the bushes which will encourage them to pee. You can assist with this training at home, by taking your dog outside for a wee and putting the behaviour on cue.
- Not all dogs like other dogs in their personal space so we ask that you don't allow your dog to free roam during training. This will also assist with marking in the arena.
- During class, when getting feedback from the instructor, or when chatting to your fellow classmates, please put your dog back on lead, in a crate or get a friend to hold them for you. This way you can continue your conversation and know your dog is not up to mischief.
- Only a sealed water bottle is permitted in the arena. Water for your dog or drinks not in a sealed container can be placed in the adjacent room.
- To protect the surface, please NO shoes with spikes or heels.
Requirements to attend the class are as follows:
- Full C5 Vaccination
- Over 12 months old (For Intermediate Level)
- Your dog is to respect other dogs personal space.
- Your dog is to have a reliable recall in Intermediate Level.
- Females cannot attend if in season.
- Males are not to urine mark within the arena
To register for the Term 2 please email Sarah on:
(Please note; Sarah is currently away from April 4th and returns on Wednesday the 18th) Sarah will respond to your enrollment request as soon as she returns from leave.
* if you are interested in refining skills and learning foundation with the aim of competing in the sport then "Click Start Agility for Beginners" is a more suited course for you.