As a qualified reflexologist this two-day course will help you understand cancer, its different stages, its treatments, the people it affects and how they are affected. The focus of the workshop will be on adapting and utilising a range of techniques and positioning for comfort that can be used safely for the benefit of patients and yourself.
We will examine the benefits of reflexology for patients in the area of hospice and cancer care, as well as identifying some common misconceptions.
We will also cover topics on:
• Concerns & Contraindications
• Using Precision Reflexology
• Adapted Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) Technique
• Four Hands Holding Technique
• Creative Relaxation Reflexology, Anchoring & Visualisation
• Grief, Loss and the Cancer Journey
• Reviewing Case Histories
• Identifying & Working with the Elements
As part of the workshop, input from participants will be encouraged to share their knowledge and personal/professional experiences.
For more information, please contact Claire O'Grady 0866094181
To book a place on this workshop, please contact Joan O'Reilly 0879751986