Park Play Sessions are a monthly gathering of the Balance / Flow / Cirque / Movement communities held at Keurboom Park, Claremont, Cape Town.
We play, share, teach, laugh but generally have fun! We welcome anyone and everyone onto the playground.
It's free and non-monetised!
Bring your blankies
Bring your toys
Bring your playful carnie spirit
Bring your yourself, friends and family
Bring your 4 legged companion (**Only well socialised ones**)
Where to find us: Squirrels Way entrance down by the canal.
The do's and don'ts of Park Play Sessions:
• We are a trusting and honest community where theft is frowned upon. Be mindful of your belongings and others.
• To be respectful to the residents absolutely NO drums are allowed! It disturbs them. Quiet, light acoustic instruments are welcome :)
• All activities undertaken are at the risk of the person doing so.
• It is the responsibility of all attendees of PPS to ensure safe practice with the use and rigging of all equipment.
• Ask permission to use the 'owners' equipment.
• Ask for a lesson / guidance in the use of equipment / activity.
• Ensure all trees are protected with tree protection for slacklines and any other rigging elements.
• Consideration of blooming plant life like flowers (specifically unicycles).
• All children should be accompanied by a parent or guardian. It is the responsibility of the parents / guardians to monitor your children's behaviour and ensure that they are doing activities within their limits. If the activity is outside of their skill set then it is the responsibility of the parents / guardians to ensure a lesson is given in the equipment they would like to explore.
• By no means will the organisers be held liable for anything that happens at any of the Park Play Sessions.
• This gathering is purely to bring like-minded people together to share skills. By no means is this gathering monetised.
• A permit has been allocated to OddWheel Unicycles (Donna Kisogloo) because the amount of people attending PPS has exceeded the legal number for an informal gathering. This permit is purely to ensure that the city is aware of the gathering, the activities undertaken and the number of people attending. Please be mindful and respectful of this.
• OddWheel Unicycles (Donna Kisogloo) will not be held liable for anything that happens at PPS. OddWheel's role in PPS is to lock off a date and location for this to be a repeat gathering. Absolutely nothing more than that.
NB note for the AERIAL folk:
(as per our experienced PPS bird - Toni Thord-Gray)
• If you are planning on rigging your Lyra ensure that you get to the park early to rig with the relevant safety equipment.
• If you have little to no experience with rigging please post in the event page before the date asking if there are any experienced riggers able to help you. Let them know what straps and rigging equip you are able to bring.
• No children should be left unattended on aerial equipment.
Trapeze and aerial hoops should be rigged out of reach of young children, silks must be tied up when not in use.
• If you can't do a pull up don't attempt anything beyond the basics - ask for guidance!!
• Do not attempt to teach any tricks beyond basics to individuals who cannot hold their own body weight (if you would like to hold an official aerial class please contact the admin of Park Play Sessions).
• ALWAYS have a spotter when attempting dangerous tricks.
•Please respect the aerial equipment: bring your own resin, wear appropriate clothing for aerial (tights and tuck-in shirts) and avoid wearing jewellery or any clothes with metal pieces.
A big carnie THANK YOU!