No prior sewing experience needed.
Join us for an afternoon of creativity, where you’ll make a beginner-friendly tote bag with an amazing pay-off. In just 2.5 hours, you'll go home with a tote you made with your own two hands. You'll learn bag sewing tips for handling heavy-weight fabric, and how to attach leather handles, all with premium, durable materials — high quality waxed canvas sourced from Scotland, and durable high-end leather — in a beautiful design. Designers, crafters, and makers will leave with new skills, satisfaction, and an awesome tote.
All materials and instruction included.
- How to thread a sewing machine
- Sewing with heavyweight 8.25 oz waxed canvas on a home machine.
- Sewing an envelope base
- Attaching metal hardware
- Sewing through multiple layers of thick fabric
- Attaching a base layer for reinforcement.
- Capacity. Dimensions 11.5" H x 12.5" W x 5" D
- Quality Materials. Real leather straps attached with strong metal brads.
- Durable. Waxed canvas exterior fabric is a naturally water resistant material.
- Rugged. Built to withstand being loaded down with a laptop & school books.
- Flat square base ideal for carrying books and groceries. Extra reinforced base layer.
- Beautifully Designed. Open top that’s easy to throw stuff in. Unique envelop base construction.