~5月活动预告 Activities in May~
线上表格链接 | Online Registration Link @ https://goo.gl/forms/IWTWDerBkKWdeGzT2
The Eight Precepts is code of ethics laid down by Buddha for lay Buddhists to aid in their spiritual practice, experiencing short-term monastic life. Observing the Eight Precepts helps one eradicate negative karma and it is significantly auspicious to be able to observe the Eight Precepts.
The eight precepts to be observed during the retreat:
1. Refrain from destroying living creatures.
2. Refrain from taking that which is not given.
3. Refrain from sexual activity.
4. Refrain from incorrect speech.
5. Refrain from intoxicating drinks and drugs which lead to carelessness.
6. Refrain from eating at the forbidden time i.e., after noon.
7. Refrain from dancing, singing, music, going to see entertainments, wearing garlands, using perfumes, and beautifying the body with cosmetics.
8. Refrain from lying on a high or luxurious sleeping place.
Conductor | 戒师：Ven. Chi Boon 继闻法师
Date | 日期：1 / 5 / 2018 (Tue 星期二)
Venue | 地点：KYCL Zen Meditation Centre 观音禅林大厦
Registration Deadline | 报名截止：23 / 4 / 2018 (Mon 星期一)
Fee | 收费：S$60
Attire | 服饰：plain top and bottom, please bring black robe if you have one. 以宽松及素色的上衣长裤为佳，若有海青及幔衣也请携带
*All participants are required to check in on Mon 30 / 4 / 2018 8pm and leave on Wed 2 / 5 / 2018 8am after breakfast.