Call for Participation
"Topology, geometry and function"
Workshop / Seminar
on topology and geometry of information visualisation
June 1 and 2, 2018
Laboratory for Perceptual and Cognitive Systems, Faculty of Computing, University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia
In our workshop we will discuss the ways geometric, topological, and functional principles shape human visuo-spatial perception and impact the perception of information visualisation. We will also explore the impacts of spatial abilities on learning. Results of several recent studies from our Lab will be presented in detail.
In our workshop we will focus and welcome submissions on the following topics:
• features of processing topological and geometric information in respect to information visualization;
• different forms of geometry and their impact on visuo-spatial processing;
• strength of invariants in geometric and topological structures;
• similarity and structural alignment;
• generation of units in perception - topological or geometric?
• methodological aspects (formal modeling of geometric and topological systems, morphometry, issues of data collection and analysis etc.).
Plenary keynote speakers include:
Prof. Kenny Coventry, FBPS, FRSA, Head of the School of Psychology, University of East Anglia, UK
Prof. Cees van Leeuwen, Laboratory for Perceptual Dynamics, KU Leuven, Belgium
University of Latvia Foundation, Accenture
Application for participation: a CV to be sent to: email@example.com (Deadline: (March 20) April 8)
Application for presenting a talk: 250 words abstract to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Deadline: March 15)
Notifications of acceptance will be send within a week from receiving the application.
More information: https://www.lpcs.lu.lv/upcoming-events/
This is the closing event of Lab’s project „Topological Modelling of Structural Alignment: A Topological and Experimental Analysis of Information Visualisation”.
The project is supported by University of Latvia Donor SIA "Mikrotīkls". Foundation of the University of Latvia is administrator of this donation.