Learn How to Write a Grant Using 5 Simple Steps
Join us and learn how to write grants to help further what you're already doing or what you want to do to serve the greater good! Learn 5 steps we've used to win everything from small foundation grants to bigger city, state, and federal grants.
What you'll learn in this training:
1) Learn how to effectively present your organization’s mission, vision, and achievements
2) Learn how to research and use data to improve your argument and tell compelling stories
3) Learn how to write a budget and keep your organization accountable
4) Learn how to develop goals, activities, and timelines
5) Learn how to search for funding opportunities that fit your organization
Here's a breakdown of the days curriculum:
Day One: Grant Foundations
Define your organization's mission, goals, objectives, and outcomes.
Discuss the different types of grants and funding sources
Day Two: Data is Your Friend
Tell your story and prove your case
Data matters: how to get it and how to use it
Day Three: Organizing Your Grant
Parts of a grant
Day Four: Connecting the Dots
Finding your niche
Dates: April 24 Tues, April 26 Thurs, May 1 Tues and May 3 Thurs
Location: Leeward Community College - Office of Continuing Education & Workforce Development (OCEWD), Pearl City Clasroom CE203
Meet Your Instructor:
William Castillo is a faculty member at Leeward Community College. As a Workforce Development Coordinator he is responsible for engaging industry and business and supporting workforce needs of the Leeward Coast of Oahu and the State of Hawaii. He has over 15 years of experience working in education and non-profit community organizations, and is responsible for managing and writing over 3 million dollars of foundation and government grants.