Empowering Leadership Through Writing is a Courage to Lead retreat designed to offer participants the time and space to reflect on the complex, challenging, and changing dimensions of leadership, rooted in the belief that effective leadership flows from the identity and integrity of the individual. As a leader, you can empower and deepen your leadership during challenging times by using writing as a tool for learning.
Guest author and poet, Kim Stafford, will lead us through multiple opportunities to bring our inner voice to the written page. This is not meant to be academic writing but a time to use written words to state our truth, to pursue hope, and to raise our voices. No former writing or publishing experience is necessary!
At the heart of authentic leadership is the courage to be fully human, to take risks, to care deeply and to take action even in the midst of change and uncertainty. In this Courage to Lead retreat you will join other change-makers who dare to engage their work with presence and compassion.
This retreat offers the opportunity to:
- Write your leadership journey in the presence of other leaders, writers and author/poet Kim Stafford. Listen to the writing of others and share your writing.
- Consider your creative edges and horizons through reflection, dialogue and writing.
- Build thoughtful understanding of your leadership challenges. Write your way to new ideas and solutions.
- Kindle your passion to lead change, resilience and resistance.
- Engage with others holding similar questions for their lives, listening deeply and sharing our stories.
- Learn and participate in a Clearness Committee, designed after a beautiful problem-solving model from the 1600’s.
Participants often mention the level of support found in Courage to Lead retreats as an important factor in the ways in which they are able to bring a new level of insight and energy to their work. Courage to Lead is designed to help leaders move beyond the “what” and “how” questions of leadership, to the “who” questions of meaning and purpose, of calling, of the relationship of inner life and outer work. We invite you to join us in this opportunity to pause and disconnect from technology and the usual pace of your life in leadership.
Facilitators: Sherri Carreker, MEd, Dawn Montgomery, EdD
Location: Menucha Retreat and Conference Center, 38711 E Historic Columbia River Hwy Corbett, OR
Cost and Accommodation Options: Includes 15 CEUs or PDUs. Costs include participation in the retreat, all meals and hotel accommodations.
Single-occupancy (limited) $625
Scholarship Rate (limited, double-occupancy only) $400