2018 LIDA GREENS COUPLES LEAGUE
• Any interested couples - do not to be married or romantically involved.
• Can be Male-Female, Male-Male, and Female-Female.
• No requirement to attend every event.
• Can bring visiting couples / friends with 2 day advance notice.
• Sunday evenings on: 03/ 17 June, 8 / 22 July, 5 / 19 August, 9 / 23 September.
• Meet at 1630, play starts at 1700.
• 9 holes, no handicap, scramble format (Best Ball Format on 8 July / 19 Aug). Scramble means after each shot (of a foursome) next shot is from the best of the 4 shots. Best Ball means everybody plays their own ball and keeps an individual score; Foursome score for the hole is the best individual score. When playing scramble a foursome must use a drive from every player at least once.
• Each night is its own event with winners for play each night.
• Each night will have cash awards for:
o Closest to the pin, longest drive (Men, Women)
o Best score for foursome
o Best individual score on Best Ball nights (Men, Women – 8 July, 19 Aug)
• Each night will have additional fun play additions, like:
o Worst hole (play worst ball of foursome, as opposed to best ball)
o Yardage tape for putts, Mulligan’s for sale – only on Best Ball nights
o Pool cue / croquet mallet for putts
o Play with only 3 clubs – Choose your 3, and draw your 3 at random
o Roll dice for club to use each shot
o etc (ideas welcome)
• Couples rotate to play with other couples each week.
• Shotgun start with 2 couples per hole.
• Final night will be a "Night Golf" event with lighted golf balls and glow sticks.
• Special league rate is $38.00 per couple (includes cart). Normal cost for 9 holes and cart (2 people) is $50.00. Members pay only for cart ($6 each vs. standard $8 rate)
• Additional $3.00 per person for nightly prizes.
• Night Golf event on 23 September will have an additional cost ($10-15 per person to cover cost of balls).
• Once per month have dinner (pot luck with burgers or brats provided by LGGC). Pot luck will be on the following dates:
o 17 June, 22 July, 19 August, and 23 September