- Children enrolled in this class should be in 4th thru 8th Grade ONLY.
- Registration required.
Topic Overview: This course is designed to teach 4th-8th graders about basic first aid ailments and treatments. After the classroom lesson, students will be given scenarios to practice their learned skills around Safety Town! Students will learn about:
- Understanding what 'First Aid' is
- Recognizing and treating common bleeds
- Recognizing and treating common burns
- Accidental poisonings
- Recognizing and treating common insect bites and stings
- Contamination control
Things to Know:
- Children may be outside for part of the class; sunscreen is advised
- Parents are welcomed to stay with their children for this class, but not required.