This course is for beginner students interested in venturing into garment sewing, including an introduction to sewing knit with a regular sewing machine! You will make lounge pants with curved inset front pockets and a knit top with cuffed dolman sleeves from Lockstitch & Lustre patterns in this 3-day series.
Prerequisite: Intro to Sewing I or comfortable threading a machine and winding a bobbin on your own.
Length of class: 3 sessions of 3.5 Hrs (10.5 hrs total)
Max #: 6 students
Saturday, April 14, 21, & 28, 9am-12:30pm
Bring with you to class:
- Sewing machine, if you’re not renting one of our domestics
- Fabric scissors
- Coordinating all-purpose thread to match lounge pants
- Coordinating all-purpose thread to match knit tee
- Fabric mark
- Seam ripper
- Thread snips
- Twin needle
- 3 yds of cotton-type woven fabric (batiks, chambray, flannel, etc). Avoid obvious stripes and plaids. Pre-wash fabric before bringing to class.
- 1 3/4 yds of jersey knit. Pre-wash fabric before bringing to class.
- 1 3/8 yds of 1½” wide elastic