Thinking of taking up Yoga and not sure where to start? Been practising for a while, but not progressing or you’re uncertain of your technique? Then this six week course is for you!
This course provides the tools to develop a safe yoga practice that is achievable and adaptable, avoiding the risk of long term injuries. It’s a great confidence booster in a non judgmental, encouraging environment offering both a physical practice along with questions throughout in a workshop format. This ensures you gain a full understanding of key techniques and how to apply them in a safe and practical way to suit your body. Over the six weeks you will improve and build on learnings each week, challenge yourself and have fun.
Key Areas Covered Include:
• Foundation Asana. Learn alignment of the foundation poses used in class and how to translate the principles learned to other Asanas.
• Breath work. Learn how to breathe. This allows for better movement and assists the body to open up and stabilise correctly for deep stretching when required.
• The core. Learn how to activate the core correctly to connect with the deep muscles of the lower core. Learn about using the core during moving through and holding Asanas, and critical times for activating the core to keep the pelvis an spine safe.
• Transitions. Learn how the transition between Asanas are just as important as the Asana itself and how to transition correctly.
• Principles of standing series. Learn how to align the hips and legs correctly to gain the maximum benefit out of each Asana.
• Principles of seated series. Learn how to lengthen the spine through the pelvis and how to correctly align the spine in seated poses and twists.