**Registration Deadline** Thursday, April 26th, 2018
(Registration at 8:30 a.m., Class begins at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m.)
Cost: $125 (Please make checks payable to LRADAC): Lunch is on your own. Snacks are provided.
Student Rate: $50 (Please provide your student ID)
Credit: (10) continuing education hours to be awarded for certified addictions counselors, and LPCs. LLR Provider #4563
Facilitator: Nicole S. Deems, Ed.S., LMFT, MAC, CCS, Treatment Director, LRADAC
Attending: Addictions Counselors, Rehabilitation Counselors, Supervisors, Social Workers, and Other Health Care or Treatment Providers
• Participant will learn the basic principles of MI and develop beginning skills to effectively use MI with clients.
• Participant will learn rationale and basic principles of MET and differences from other treatment approaches.
• Participant will develop practical strategies and skills necessary for using MI and MET with clients.
• Participant will become familiar with the specific structure of individual and group MET sessions.
• Participant will receive specific strategy materials for MET Best-Practice Implementation & Tracking, identify barriers and develop alternative strategies for specific populations.