Prepare to be blown away by the postcard-perfect landscapes that feature on our Lucerne Express trip! Located on the shore of Lake Lucerne within sight of Mount Pilatus and Rigi in the Swiss Alps, Lucerne ranks one of the world’s prettiest cities, and there is so much to see – the world-famous Chapel Bridge and Water Tower, the Jesuit Church, the Lion Monument, brightly-colored houses and delightful waterfront promenades.
Price: 99E per person
• Round-trip bus transportation from Graf
• Breakfast in Lucerne
• Guided sightseeing tour with local tour guide
• Explore Europe Trip Leader
• Service charges
For tickets visit: https://www.explore-europe.de/lucerne-switzerland-express/
Day 1 (Friday, August 24)
Your trip begins with an overnight drive by bus to Lucerne in Switzerland.
Day 2 (Saturday, August 25)
Welcome to Lucerne! After an included breakfast, a local guide will introduce you to the charming lakeside city:
• Explore Lucerne’s Old Town
• View the Lion Monument, a tribute to the Swiss Guards who sacrificed their lives in Paris during the French Revolution
• See the Jesuit Church, the first large Baroque building of its kind to be built in Switzerland north of the Alps
• Stroll over Chapel Bridge, a 17th-century covered footbridge, for views of Lake Lucerne and the Alps
The afternoon and evening are free to explore the old city on your own or shop for Swiss watches and delicious Swiss chocolates. In the evening (at 9:00 pm), travel back overnight Saturday to arrive Sunday morning in Grafenwoehr.
Day 3 (Sunday, August 26)
Arrive in Grafenwoehr around 6:00 am.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING PASSPORTS: A valid tourist passport is required for this trip. Please make sure that you are traveling with the appropriate passport.