New data breach privacy laws – know your obligations
Are you aware of the New Data Breach Privacy Laws which came into effect on the 22nd of February, 2018?
With new fines ranging from $360,000 for individuals and up to $1.8million for an organisation or business, it is important you understand your obligations.
This Lunch and Learn will provide an insight into your obligations under the new laws as well as provide some Insurance solutions to cover the financial impacts of a data breach.
These new laws are applicable to:
- All business and non government organisations with an annual turnover greater than $3million
- All health service providers and
- A limited range of small businesses with a turnover less than $3million including:
- Childcare Centres, schools, medical practices, gyms and health clinics; and
- Any small businesses who handle personal information such credit reporting, tax files numbers or health records
If you want to protect your business, you must not miss this FREE event for members. Non members cost is $25 per person.
Session is limited to 25 attendees to ensure maximum learning opportunity and engagement with presenter.
Max 2 people per business.
About Macey Insurance Brokers
Macey Insurance Brokers has been helping businesses in the Shoalhaven since the 1970’s. Since the very beginning, we have always taken the time to understand our clients and the risk profiles of their businesses. Our aim is to make sure you get the right insurance for your business, whether it’s tradie insurance for a small independent operator or corporate insurance for a much larger organisation.
This event is supported by our business events and education partner, Shoalhaven City Council