During this talk, Dietitian Brooke Bulloch will cover:
1) Carbohydrate metabolism - the difference between simple sugars and complex starches;
2) How to identify the amount of simple sugars (ie. free or added sugars) in your food or beverages;
3) How much is acceptable and how much is too much? Where do the issues truly lie?
4) Controversies around carbohydrates - are they bad for us?
5) How to find balance and maintain a positive relationship with food (yes even sugar) without restrictive eating patterns or completely depriving your taste buds.