INVITATION FOR SUBMISSIONS
2018 Greater Miami Homeschool Juried Art Exhibition
April 12 - 28, 2018
**Artwork Drop-off Deadline: April 6, 2018 5:00 PM**
Gallery Hours for artwork drop-off are Wednesday - Thursday 10-2PM, Friday - Saturday 10-6PM.
DOWNLOAD INVITATION PDF at
Mayflower Arts Center Lobby Gallery
9 West Main Street
Troy, Ohio, 45373
Exhibition Dates: April 12-28, 2018
Opening Reception and Jury Awards: Thursday, April 12 at 6-8PM
Entry fee: Suggested $5 donation for up to 3 entries
“There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
The 2018 Greater Miami Homeschool Juried Art Exhibition offers this invitation to homeschool students currently in grades PreK-12 to display their artwork in a juried exhibition. The invitation is for 2D or 3D artwork in all media created during the current 2017-2018 school year. We are offering the opportunity to allow students to showcase their artwork in a gallery environment. We are asking a suggested donation of $5 for up to 3 works to help cover costs related to promoting the exhibition. As a community arts center, the Mayflower Arts Center supports all the arts and artists in the community and are pleased to offer the homeschool community the opportunity to exhibit to the Miami region communities the art researched and created this school year.
The Mayflower Arts Center invites submissions for their upcoming exhibition 2018 Greater Miami Homeschool Juried Art Exhibition. The Mayflower Arts Center seeks 2D and 3D artwork from all ages. All approved images submitted will be displayed and the show’s jury will select their favorite best images for recognition and awards.
- All artwork must be delivered ready to install or display. Any work not properly prepared may not be included in the exhibit. Pedestals and tables are provided for 3D work. Artists must provide their own display easels or stands.
- The Mayflower Arts Center is a family-friendly arts center. Work depicting gratuitous nudity, profanity, or obscenities cannot be accepted. If you have a question about the acceptability of your art, please contact us at MayflowerArtsCenter@gmail.com or 937-552-5848 before submitting.
- All artwork must be original. Submissions of 2D and 3D mediums are accepted, including but not limited to: drawing, painting, prints, sculpture, glass, mixed media, fiber, textiles, and photography. At this time we are not able to accept submissions for music, video, performance, or dance.
- Artwork may be for sale. The Mayflower Arts Center will take a 20% commission on all artwork sold. Proceeds from the sales will go towards the Mayflower Arts Center Summer Art Camp Scholarship Fund. Any artwork not for sale should be identified as NFS on the accompanying paperwork.
- Exhibiting artists will be required to deliver artwork to the Mayflower Arts Center by no later than 5:00 PM on APRIL 6. No packing peanuts please. Any artwork received after 5:00 PM on APRIL 6 may not be included in the exhibit.
- By submitting artwork to 2018 Greater Miami Homeschool Juried Art Exhibition you grant the Mayflower Arts Center the right to use and publish images of your artwork for promotional purposes. Artist retains all other rights to the artwork.
ADJUDICATION and AWARDS
Juror awards will be announced during the Opening Reception on Thursday, April 12 at 6:00 - 8:00PM. Ribbons will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place artist winners in grades K through 5, grades 6 through 8, and grades 9 through 12. Jurors for the 2018 Exhibition are:
Melanie is an award-winning professional artist who specializes in fiber arts and sculpture. She has a Bachelor’s in Fine Arts from the University of Louisville, where her work focused on environmental art and community art projects. Orr decided to take her love of art to a new level and received her Master's degree in Art Education. She was a public school art educator in Louisville, Kentucky for more than five years before relocating to Troy.
Wells is a photographic and installation art artist, and educator. He has his Master’s in Fine Arts from Wayne State University and is an experienced photography instructor – teaching digital, darkroom, and alternative processes. Wells has juried numerous student art events including Scholastic Arts competitions, is the editor of the Arts Around Town - Dayton newsletter and website, and is the founder of Proscenia Film Society, an organization striving to transform the lives of creators and audiences through the power and communal experience of films. He is also the current resident artist with the Mayflower Arts Center.
MAYFLOWER ARTS CENTER
The Mayflower Arts Center provides a community-friendly environment to create art, and enlighten and inspire a deeper appreciation of art among artists and patrons. Located prominently on the vibrant downtown square of Troy, Ohio—in the historic 1928 Mayflower Theater building— the Mayflower Arts Center offers gallery and exhibit spaces, classes and workshops, indie/art films, fine art retail, art lectures, performances and concerts. The Lobby Gallery presents work from local, regional, and national artists throughout the year. Gallery Hours are Wednesday - Thursday 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Friday - Saturday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM. The Lobby Gallery is also open during all public classes, events, and performances.
IMPORTANT DATES (all times reflect EST)
Exhibit Dates: April 10 - 28, 2018*
Artwork Drop-off Deadline: April 6, 2018 5:00 PM
Opening Reception and Juror Awards: Thursday, April 12 at 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Exhibit Closing Date: April 28, 2018 at 6:00 PM
*Gallery Hours for artwork drop-off are Wednesday - Thursday 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Friday - Saturday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
DOWNLOAD INVITATION PDF at