Kick off Earth Week 2018 in the most delicious way -- with the UVA Dining Farmers Market! Come connect with local producers and growers in the Charlottesville community and support local on your Grounds. All vendors will accept plus dollars and CavAdvantage.
Featured vendors include..
- Greens to Grounds UVA CSA selling fresh produce and locally made goodies like donuts, baguettes and eggs!*
*Will only accept Plus Dollars
- Sussex Farm selling fresh produce and homemade Korean specialties like bibimbap and kimchi
- CVille Candy, with homemade chocolates, toffees and candy
- Ant On Cottage Creations with homemade jams, chutneys, and pickles
- Snowing in Space featuring their locally roasted nitro cold-brew coffee (whew!)
- Mad Hatter Foods serving delicious, locally made hot sauces
- Blue Ridge Bucha with kombucha brewed in Nelson County
On stage during the Farmers Market will be the 1st Annual UVA Chefs Challenge. This challenge will feature chef pairs from UVA Darden School of Business, UVA Athletics, and UVA Dining competing in a mystery basket style cookoff using Local Food Hub ingredients. Chefs will be challenged to deliver two courses within an hour to a panel of five judges, and will be scored on a 50 point scorecard. The winner of the first ever UVA Chefs Challenge will be determined at 2:15pm!
Check out an exhibition of sculpture, collage, and other paper-based art about our shared climate story by the Write Climate Project. Works are derived from pieces written by over 1200 people this semester. These papers have hand-written excerpts from key texts in our climate story—the history of climate science, clean air policy, and our own reflections on what climate change means to us and what we are doing about it. Compelling words, beautiful art.
Hosted by UVA Dining and sponsored by Greens to Grounds & UVA Sustainability. This event is free and open to the public as part of UVA Earth Week 2018: People, Planet, Progress. See full schedule of events at sustainability.virginia.edu.