Annual Community Cleanup
Saturday, April 28 9 AM – 1 PM
Save yourself a trip to the landfill!
• Packer trucks will be on site at the Community Centre to haul your junk to the landfill for free!
Volunteers are also needed to pick up trash from the parks and green spaces in our community. Stop by the volunteer table to pick up your route, garbage bags, and gloves. Then enjoy the sunshine with your family and neighbours as you help to beautify our neighbourhood. When you return to the community centre to drop off the collected trash, take a rest and enjoy a free BBQ!
What can I bring to the clean-up?
• Yard waste: Leaves, branches, plants, grass clippings and other yard waste (excluding sod) will be accepted at Community Cleanup events for composting. Yard waste must be separate from other items. All of the organic materials we collect at community cleanups will be taken to one of The City's composting facilities.
• Household Garbage and furniture (See list of restricted items below)
• Metal items (Navajo Metals will have a bin onsite to collect metal items not accepted by City packer trucks)
• Electronics (Recycle-logics will have a bin onsite to collect items such as computers, tvs, cords, cell phones, small appliances (microwaves, etc.), and stereo equipment)
• Car batteries (Integra Tire will have a bin onsite to collect used car batteries)
• Gently used clothing (Bins onsite with donations going to charity)
Please do NOT bring:
• large appliances (freezers/fridges, etc)
• household chemicals
• propane tanks
• railway ties
Please do not bring items that can be recycled in the blue bin to this event. (Cardboard, plastic bottles, glass, etc.) These can be dropped off at a city recycling centre. The closest one to our event is located near Home Depot on 130th Ave.
This list is not exhaustive, please check in on the day of the event if you are unsure about your items
*See the City of Calgary website for information on how to properly dispose of these items. (Calgary.ca/whatgoeswhere)
If you are unable to attend our event, check out this link to see where more cleanups are happening throughout the city during May, June, September, and October!
Thank you to all our Sponsors and Volunteers! This event would not be possible without you!