Join us for the American Cancer Society FreshStart® Smoking Cessation Program and make your health a priority!
WEDNESDAYS, MAY 16 AND 23, 2018
6PM – 8PM
McLaren Bay Region, Small Café Conference Room
Main Campus: 1900 Columbus Avenue, Bay City
Facilitator: Anne Hamilton, Respiratory Therapist
Use the Visitor Entrance off Mulholland Street, and the Small Café Conference Room is located through the Cafeteria. The cost is $25 for the entire two-class session, payable at the first class. Registration is required by calling toll-free 1-877-411-2762.
This program is designed to help participants stop smoking by providing essential information, skills for coping with cravings, and group support. At McLaren Bay Region, we understand it is difficult to quit smoking and we want to help!
DID YOU KNOW?
- Smoking is a major cause of cancer, heart disease, bronchitis, emphysema, and stroke
- Second-hand smoke, or passive smoking, is linked to many diseases and health problems, including cancer, lung diseases, asthma, ear infections and increased illnesses in non-smokers
- 20 minutes after quitting, your heart rate and blood pressure drop
- 15 years after quitting, your risk of coronary heart disease is that of a non-smoker’s
- Even if you’re not 100% sure you want to quit smoking, this program is for you!