TalkTools workshops teach you innovative speech & feeding techniques that can be used the very next day.
"3-Part Treatment Plan for OPT (Oral Placement Therapy)"
PRESENTER: Monica Purdy, MS, CCC-SLP
CONTINUING EDUCATION: 1.2 ASHA/AOTA CEUs
$300 Early Bird Rate - until 03/11/18
$360 Standard Rate - 03/12/18 to 04/26/18
$390 Late Registration - 04/27/18 to day of
This introductory course to OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) is the foundation for TalkTools training and is integrated throughout all of our courses. OPT is a type of oral-motor therapy that targets specific movements needed for speech and feeding. The "3 parts" of OPT are: auditory and visual sensory systems COMBINED WITH tactile -- and propioceptive -- sensory systems. TalkTools training applies a unique, hierarchical approach to OPT, focused on a measurable, results-driven path for both therapists and clients across all ages and diagnoses with the goal of:
• speech clarity
• improved feeding
• improved QUALITY OF LIFE
This interactive, hands-on course includes highly motivating activities targeting the abdomen, velum, jaw, lips and tongue. Techniques learned can be readily implemented across many therapy environments -- private practices, hospitals, schools and home.
1. Appropriately assess oral placement/feeding/speech problems based on muscle systems.
2. Integrate hierarchies for motor dissociation and grading (jaw-lips-tongue).
3. Plan programs of therapeutic intervention to address physiological and motor-based speech disorders.
4. Be able to apply at least 10 new therapy techniques.
5. Properly use oral placement techniques to improve individual speech clarity and production.