We’ve hosted photo contests in the past, and we have decided it’s time to do a photo-contest for all the Milwaukee-area photographers who still #BelieveInFilm. Yep, that’s right - we’re doing a “film only” photo-contest!
Anyone can enter, but your entry has to be a film-based image - and we have to be able to scan it (35mm or 120). So, here’s the gist of it…
1. entrants must bring in their negative/slide to Mike Crivello's Camera and Imaging Center (18110 W Bluemound Rd, Brookfield, Wisconsin 53045) for scanning:
+135 or 120
+color or black-and-white negative, or color slide
+ any year, does >not< need to be a 2017-18 image - it could be 1971!
+must be family-friendly/“PG”
+Maximum of TWO entries per person
2. Once film is dropped-off, Crivello’s will scan the images for the purpose of creating Facebook photo-album. Contest entrants will be able to pick up their film in 3-4 business days.
Scan is for contest purposes only.
3. Crivello’s will then display the scanned images online in a Facebook photo-album.
4. Contest Finalists will be determined by number of “likes" gotten at that photo-album in THREE WEEKS, on Facebook.
5. Top Ten vote-getting images will be printed up to 8x12 and hung up in our Brookfield store!
6. To determine our Top Three Winners, people must come and vote in-store. Each person can vote for two favorite images. Votes are accepted for THREE WEEKS.
7. All Top Ten entrants get to keep their print (must pick up within one month of contest completion).
Third Place gets Fuji Four-pack of C-41 film or 4 rolls Ilford XP2 24-exp.,
Second place gets one Fuji four-pack of film, OR 4 rolls of Ilford XP2 24-exp. AND D&P (1 set of 4x6 prints),
FIRST PLACE gets TWO Fuji four-pack of film, OR 8 rolls of Ilford XP2 24-exp AND D&P (1 set of 4x6 prints).
March 26: OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS! Negatives/slides may be dropped off at the store for scanning! Call for submissions runs three weeks.
April 16: Closing of submissions.
April 20, the Facebook photo-album will be live, and on-line “like”-voting can begin. People can like as many of the photos as they want.
May 11: Closing of Facebook like-voting.
May 16: The Top Ten “Like”-Vote getters will be displayed in the Mike Crivello’s camera store in Brookfield. People can stop by and vote once, for two favorite images.
June 6: The Top Ten voting closes,.
June 8: The Top Three vote-getters will be announced!