Tutor: Laura Caitlin Jensen
Offering 30min to 1hr private singing lessons to students of all levels (absolute beginner to advanced) and ages in a variety of music genres to suit the student’s vocal ability, aspirations and musical interests. All students will be guided supportively through understanding the importance of strong vocal technique in combination with authentic expression through song to achieve enjoyment in the art of singing first and foremost.
Styles: Contemporary (Pop, Rock, Folk), Jazz, Classical and Music Theatre.
Lessons involve coaching in:
- Breath Technique/Control, precision and understanding
- Warm up exercises and vocal hygiene
- Vocal anatomy and terminology
- Registration (both Female and Male voices)
- Production of Twang and vowel shaping for the manipulation of sound
- Vocal set up for different styles of Singing
- Confidence in performance and methods to master performance anxiety.
- Inner singers voice mentoring techniques for overall confidence and resilience.
- Auditioning techniques and stage presence
- Acting techniques/story-telling techniques
- Building suitable and enjoyable repertoire
- Aural skills, sight singing and music theory
AMEB, ANZCA Exams and Eisteddfod performance are also available.
What to Bring:
- A4 plastic sleeve folder
- Water Bottle
- Pen and paper
To find out more about Laura visit https://montessori.qld.edu.au/team/laura-caitlin-jensen/
To secure a Tuesday lesson time contact firstname.lastname@example.org