We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. Read more…
Saturday
28
APR

Yoga for Anxiety

14:00
16:00
Moseley Yoga
Event organized by Moseley Yoga

Get Directions

Category
#var:page_name# cover

Anxiety is recognised to be one of the most common mental health problems experienced in this country.

National Office of Statistics research 2015-16 found that in the space of one week 20% of the population had experienced moderate anxiety, while another 20% had experienced high-level anxiety: in total 40% of the UK population! It is widely recognised now that yoga helps reduce anxiety by jointly addressing both the body and the mind and profoundly impacting our mood.

Some aspects of our yoga practice, however, can be more effective than others in managing the impact of anxiety, and the use of specialist yoga therapy for anxiety is growing increasingly popular.

Following her recent training with The Minded Institute, Anna will be leading this supportive and holistic workshop which will explore some of the many ways yoga can help us manage the impact of anxiety our bodies, minds and every day lives.

The greatest impact on our general mental health can be seen when we practise yoga two or more times a week, but this workshop will aim to provide a foundational understanding of how yoga can work as a form of therapy for anxiety.


The session will give you the opportunity to try out simple but effective exercises using the breath (pranayama), body (sun salutations and asanas) and mind (meditation). All of these exercises will help support self-awareness, help you experience feeling calm and grounded, and perhaps most importantly provide you with tools to use on and off the mat to help manage the effects of anxiety. As this workshop is focused around using accessible yoga techniques as a form of self-care it is open to all levels - no previous experience necessary.

Some of the techniques used in this workshop may not be suitable for those with PTSD - if you are unsure about this please contact Anna via Moseley Yoga to find out more before booking.