Sign-ups run from 6pm-6:45pm, show starts at 7pm
Music, poetry, spoken word, and more are welcome!
ALL CONTENT MUST BE FAMILY FRIENDLY
About the night:
Open Mic Rules
1. Set order is randomly drawn at 6:45. Anyone wishing to sign up after that time will be placed at the end of the list.
2. An act will be limited to a maximum of 1 song or 5 minutes. If you go over, your mic will be turned off. We must do this to be fair to everyone.
3. Content must be free of vulgarity, sexual themes or overly graphic content. We are at a family friendly venue.
4. You can only sign up for yourself, not anybody else.
5. Each artist will be allowed to perform once. If time allows, the list can be cycled through again. Providing accompaniment to another artist does not restrict you from also performing yourself.
6. If you’re not available to take the stage when you are introduced you will be bumped to the end of the list.
7. Have fun. Open mics are a great way to try out new material in front of an audience or just share a piece you love. Sometimes it goes well, sometimes it doesn’t. The important thing is that you got up and had a good time!
Open Mic Tips
1. Be prepared:
* Have whatever supplies you need ready BEFORE you go on stage. Notebooks, picks, etc..
* If you play an instrument make sure it’s tuned
* Make sure you know when you go on. The order will be posted by the sound board stage right.
* Check in with the emcee to make sure your name is said correctly
2. Try not to talk about the piece or song for too long. No matter how good your act is, ramble too long and you will lose the audience.
3. Don’t play and bounce/be a good audience member.
4. Talk to other performers/artists, this is a chance to connect with others, share your art and provide feedback to one another.
5. Have fun. Otherwise, what’s the point?