Delightful setting of the mighty Himalayas in Nepal - 4816 feet above the sea level,
Most refreshing air and the stunning views of the Annapurna-Macchapuchre-Dhaulagiri mountain ranges,
The company of great musicians, Yogis, and Divine Souls,
YES, IT IS HAPPENING!
Music+ is all set to guide and facilitate another Music-cum-Yoga retreat to let you work on and explore your inherent Himalayan Voice.
Our focus for 10 glorious days and 11 nights of fun-filled musical activity shall include:
- Learning to discover and explore our singing voice and its possibilities under a nurturing and supportive guidance
- Yogasanas – to accomplish the ideal balance of Mind, Body, and Soul and to optimize the use of your body as a singing instrument.
- Understanding and imbibing the vocal dynamics of Tibetan Chanting to build up a sound vocal practice regime
- Setting up a well-defined curriculum for practice and workouts in order to create an ideal vocal health
- Cosmic sound activations – Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Dha and Ni – the seven primary notes of Indian Music
- Nāda Yoga – meditation through sound for Toning up the voice
Working on vocal movements of Indian Music – Gamaks, Tāns, Alankārs to improve the flexibility of the singing voice
- Basics and in-depth study of Indian Classical Music and Rāga Music
- Mantra Chanting and Kīrtan Singing
- Exploring the soundscapes of the Rāgas and their correlation to the physical elements of nature
- Singing morning Rāgas with the rising sun over the snow crest peaks and singing the night melodies along with the humming of crickets in the forest
- Excursion Trips – Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu– The world famous temple of Lord Shiva who’s existence dates back to 400 B.C
- Boudhanath, Kathmandu – The Buddhist Stupa which dates back to the fifth century
- Village Treks near the Annapurna-Dhaulagiri ranges and nature walks in the village of Ashtam near Pokhara