The 2018 GBSN Annual Conference in Nairobi will focus on how innovative, interdisciplinary and collaborative ways of educating entrepreneurial leaders to drive systemic change can transform traditional sectors, including Mining & Oil, Agriculture, Tourism and Healthcare. The conference will feature global experts and regional innovators who are driving change in sectors that are both critical to development of countries around the globe and also too often entrenched in outdated ideologies and practices.
The agenda will focus on four broad enablers of entrepreneurial leadership that cross sectors and borders: Technology & Big Data; Responsible Leadership; Cross-Disciplinary Collaboration; and Teaching the Tools of Innovation.
With the four focal sectors, these cross-sector enablers form the matrix structure for the Transforming Traditional Sectors agenda. This agenda embraces a full spectrum of stakeholders, including Industry, Academia, Civil Society, International Aid and Government, all of which play a critical role in systemic change. GBSN invites professionals from all of these groups to join this practical and meaningful investigation of the enablers of entrepreneurial leadership through education.
Who Should Attend?
- Business School Deans, Directors, Faculty and Administrators from developed, emerging and frontier markets with an interest in collaborative efforts to educate entrepreneurial leaders
- Professionals from industry, aid organizations, and civil society in Mining & Oil, Agriculture, Tourism or Healthcare concerned with strengthening the leadership pipeline and stimulating systemic change
- Government Officials with responsibility for education, entrepreneurship or workforce development in Mining & Oil,
- Agriculture, Tourism or Healthcare with an interest in wider stakeholder collaboration
- Educators in Mining & Oil, Agriculture, Tourism or Healthcare fields with an interest in integrating entrepreneurial leadership into curricula, or otherwise collaborating with business schools and other sector stakeholders