Highly skilled services that impact public safety, such as engineering services, are simply too critical to leave to the lowest bid. To protect the interests and well-being of the public, the selection process should be based on expertise, qualifications, and the ability to perform the work. Qualifications-based selection (QBS) is a procedure whereby a service provider is retained on the basis of qualifications, rather than price factors. In this one-hour webinar, Chris Stone, P.E., F.NSPE, F.ASCE, LEED AP, CEO of Clark Nexsen, will use his 40 years of experience in the design and management of public, private, and commercial projects to educate participants about the unique value and necessity of the QBS process.
In this webinar you will learn:
• What QBS is and how the process works;
• The legislative and regulatory requirements associated with QBS;
• The necessity of emphasizing qualifications over price;
• The value of QBS to clients, PEs, and the public; and
• NSPE's actions to promote and protect QBS.