Fixit Clinic CCLXX (270) Noisebridge Hackerspace
Fixit Coaches (and helpful neighbors) will be available for consultation on broken items at the Noisebridge Hackerspace.
Celebrating repair by conveying basic troubleshooting skills, Fixit Clinics are do-it-together hands-on fix-n-learn community-based exploration and discovery workshops staffed by volunteer Fixit Coaches who generously share their time, tools and expertise to consult with you on the disassembly, troubleshooting, and repair of items.
So bring your broken, non-functioning things -- electronic gadgets, appliances, computers, toys, sewing machines, bicycles, fabric items, etc.-- for assessment, disassembly, and possible repair. We'll provide workspace, specialty tools, and guidance to help you disassemble and troubleshoot your item. Whether you fix it or not, you'll learn more about how it was manufactured and how it worked, ready to share your new-found confidence and insight with your friends, neighbors, and the community at large. (Hopefully you’ll be inspired to become a Fixit Coach yourself.)
- First-time Fixit Coaches and fixing families are always welcome; sign up at http://goo.gl/kwVNlv
- Even if you can’t make it: report your broken item at http://goo.gl/YoD4Pk
WHAT: Fixit Clinic CCLXX (270) Noisebridge Hackerspace
WHEN: Monday, April 2 7PM-9PM
WHERE: 2169 Mission Street 3rd floor, San Francisco 94110 https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge/events/dqzphpyxfbhb/
HOW: Register at http://goo.gl/qTzh9J then
- Bring your broken item with all parts necessary to recreate the symptoms (carry-in only: no oversize items)
- Bring any parts and tools you already own that might be helpful (e.g. hand tools, sewing supplies)
- Come ready to describe what’s wrong and what you’ve tried
- Come ready to learn and to share your knowledge with others
WHO: All ages welcome: a family-friendly event: accompanied children are heartily invited!
WHY: To make friends, learn and teach how to fix things, and have fun!
More into on Fixit Clinic at www.fixitclinic.org, https://www.facebook.com/FixitClinic/, plus.google.com/+FixitClinic