Our classes are held at NTRC on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons/evenings. We will be having Volunteer Orientation on Saturday April 28th 10am-noon. You must attend orientation in order to begin volunteering.
We will meet at the barn to fill out paperwork then we will will briefly introduce you to the following main tasks that our volunteers assist with in the barn:
* Horse handlers assist by grooming, tacking and exercising horses
before classes begin. You must have riding experience to serve as a horse handler.
* Horse leaders lead a horse for a rider. You must have some
experience handling horses on the ground to be a horse leader.
**Horse handlers and Horse leaders require and additional training session which we can schedule at a later date.
Several of our horse handlers also serve as horse leaders.
* Sidewalkers assist riders in the saddle by supporting them
physically or assisting them cognitively. No horse riding or
handling experience is needed, but you must be comfortable around horses.
* Summer 2018 We will be offering 2 week long day camps
*Occasional NTRC Events on weekends such as: Horse Show, Fall festivals, Parades, Fundraisers.
* Occasional office assistance, photography, Facebook and website updating.
We ask for a 2 hour weekly commitment for a 6 week session, however most stay longer than 6 weeks!
Please visit our website and fill out a volunteer application if you have not already done so. www.northlandtrc.org