North Richland Hills kicks off a month of holiday activities with the Holiday Magic Christmas Tree Lighting & Family Festival from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, December 1, 2017. A new location this year at the NRH Centre Plaza, NRH Library and Stormy Plaza along Hawk and Grand Avenues, brings the feel of a street festival to the event and allows some activities to be indoors. Holiday Magic Christmas Tree Lighting & Family Festival is sponsored by the City of NRH, TEXRail being built by Archer Western Herzog, ISG/Insurance Solutions Group and NRH Modern Dentistry.
Activities will include:
Live Music by Memphis Soul
Dallas Puppet Theatre
Community Stage Performances
Visit with Santa (bring your camera)
Kids Arts & Crafts ($3)
Admission and parking are free. Find parking info here: http://www.nrhtx.com/DocumentCenter/View/7164 Portions of Hawk and Grand Avenue will be closed for the event starting at 1 p.m. The NRH Library will close early at Noon and the NRH Centre at 4 p.m. to get read for the evenings activities.
There will be a charge for some activities. Concessions will be available for purchase. Vendors will be selling Christmas crafts and holiday gift items. See below for a list of vendors.
The Christmas Tree Lighting will take place at 6:30 p.m. at Stormy Plaza and will be immediately followed by a fireworks show.
Memphis Soul will be performing classic and holiday hits starting at 7 p.m. on the NRH Centre Plaza. Seating will be on the lawn. Bring your friends and family, along with your lawn chairs and blankets, for a great night of music and fun. Please leave pets at home.
Children of all ages are invited to share their Christmas wish lists with Santa starting at 6 p.m. in the Community Room in the Library. Be sure to bring a camera to take your own photos. Please note, the line for Santa will close at 8:45 p.m.
Santa’s workshop will also be open inside the NRH Library starting at 6 p.m. The cost is $3 per child. Children will enjoy the several holiday themed crafts and activities including:
• Button making
• Elf kisses
• 2 photo ops
• Stories with the Reading Elf
• Christmas tattoos
• Holiday bookmarks
• Thumb print ornaments
• Christmas gift bags
• Spiral tree ornaments
• Holiday bracelets
• Christmas cards
• Reindeer treats & ears
• 3D printed ornaments
To be able to complete the crafts by 9 p.m., the line will close at 8:30 p.m. (or earlier if tickets sell out). Children must be accompanied by an adult.
The following groups will be performing on the community stage located on Grand Avenue near the Christmas Tree:
5:45 PM Raise the Barre Dancers
6:00 PM Village Voices of Foster Village Elementary
6:15 PM Walker Creek Coyote Choir
6:30 PM Christmas Tree Lighting and Fireworks Show
7:00 PM Husky Harmonics of Holiday Heights
7:15 PM Green Valley Elementary
7:30 PM North Ridge Elementary
7:45 PM Academy at CF Thomas
8:00 PM Snow Heights Singers
8:15 PM Artistry in Motion
8:30 PM Fort Worth Christian School Drill Team
Pix Smith and his marionettes will provide entertainment for all ages with a strolling show along Hawk Avenue.
The following businesses will be on site (in the Library parking lot) serving delicious food and treats from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• BK Beverage (Chicken and beef steak sandwiches, chili dogs, and grilled cheese sandwiches);
• CPAAA (Popcorn);
• Hicks BBQ (BBQ and pulled pork);
• Kettle Korn and More (Kettle korn, cotton candy, pickles);
• NRH Swim Team (Hot chocolate);
• Roots Coffee House (Coffee, lattes, and baked holiday treats);
• So Cal Tacos (Tacos-fish, chicken, steak, shrimp, nachos, quesadillas, and vegetarian options available);
• Soulgood-vegan- vegetarian food truck (Naked dog, macha mama pie/frito pie, vegan cupcakes);
• Steel City Pops (All natural fruity and creamy pops);
• The Pink Company (Funnel cakes, corn dogs, sausage on a stick, potato swirls, and chicken tender basket with fries);
• What’s Cooking Chef (Hoagies, churrasco/meat and vegetable rice bowls).
The following vendors will be selling holiday crafts and gifts along Hawk Avenue:
• A Gigi Boutique – Infant and toddler clothing;
• A.K.S. of Love – Wood art, ornaments, homemade jewelry and bags, lighted wine bottles;
• Caricature Artists from All Occasions Performers – Hand drawn caricature pictures;
• Cub Scout Pack 525 – Mistletoe;
• DJ’s Classic Alpacas – 100% alpaca yarn and roving, alpaca rugs and mats, handmade alpaca scarves, hats, gloves, sweaters, ponchos/capes, cowboy hats and socks;
• Kokomo Entertainment – Face painting; Blankets; LED holiday light up toys;
• Laurie’s Wreaths & Gifts – Wreath door hangers;
• NRH Animal Adoption & Rescue Center – Animal beds, blankets, collars, leashes, bandanas;
• Raya Jewelry Boutique – Handmade, one of a kind, semi-precious stone, wire wrapped statement jewelry;
• Rock N Rose Creek – Aprons made with men’s neck ties, greeting cards;
• Sethi Sparkle – Jewelry, clothing items and toys;
• Simply Krafted by Kintisha – Handmade quilts, crocheted blankets and quilted aprons and Christmas stockings;
• Tags & Tabs – Holiday wreaths, holiday signs, ornaments, cookie plates & mugs, Kitchen towels, personalized glassware, throw pillows, blankets, wood crafts, Santa cams;
• Rooted Ritual – Homemade beard balms, salves and scrubs, infused oils with fresh herbs.
Visit www.nrhtx.com/holidaymagic for our full list of NRH holiday activities throughout the month of December.