Join us on select Fridays for the city’s most cerebral happy hour at NYPL's iconic 42nd Street location. It's fall, and with some of the year's biggest meals on the horizon, the Library is here to help you figure out what's on the menu.
The evening will include:
- A one-night-only specially curated collections display of some of the restaurant world’s rarest and greatest menus.
- What’s on the Menu? Dive into our database to discover the fascinating details hiding within the Library's menu collection, one of the largest in the world.
- Demonstrations on the history of tiki bars and their cocktails, with a special focus on the historic New York restaurant Trader Vic’s, home of the original Mai Tai.
- Curated selection of delectably short 16mm films pulled from our archives
- Arts & Crafts table: create your dream menu
- Access to both floors of the brand new exhibit of Recent Acquisitions, highlighting beautiful books, objects, art, photography, and ephemera procured by the Library in recent years
- Opportuinity to view the Rose Main Reading Room, the Beaux Arts masterpiece at the top of the Steven A. Schwarzman Building
- Quiet room with games, coloring, and puzzles
- Music by I Like It
- Snacks & drinks available for purchase
Lines start forming at 5th Ave in advance of the event. Entrance is admitted on a first come, first serve basis, until the space is full, regardless of registration status.
Share your photos on social media with the hashtag #NYPLafterhours.
Please note that you must be 21+ to attend and ID is required.
Sign up to be notified about future events here.
Accessible entrance available at 42nd Street.
Library After Hours is made possible with the generous support of Mahnaz Ispahani Bartos and Adam Bartos.