THE SANDBOX is proud to announce the 2018 Beach Volleyball TournamentSeries, taking place this summer at two great venues -Esker Point beach inGroton, CT and Ocean Beach in New London CT. Here’s what you need to know toget in the game!
NOTE: All registering teams MUST have two (2) Players listed, andBOTH Players MUST have a VALID Volley America membership, at the time ofregistration. Any team registered as a 1-Player team (no Player 2listed), orany team registered with Player(s) not having a valid Volley Americamembership, will be removed from the Entry List without notice or recourse.
REGISTER and pay through the Volley America web site at www.volleyamerica.com
- $60* per team
- $15** annual Volley America membership required for each participant.
* price includes $10 discount for online registration and payment. On-site / day-of event registration fee is$70
** price includes $5 discount foronline membership purchase. On-site / day-of annual membership fee is $20
- Doubles (2X2) - Mens, Womens and Coed.
- Pool play with single eliminationfinals.
- Intermediate (B)
- Skilled (A)
- Advanced (AA)
- Open (O)
*Divisions may be combined at thediscretion of the tournament coordinator.
8:00 am – OPEN division checkin (9:00am on COED Sundays)
8:30 am – All other divisions checkin(9:30 am on COED Sundays)
9:00 am - 1st match start (10:00 am on COED Sundays)
2:00 pm – estimated time that some nets will be available for pickup play
4:00 pm – estimated time that finalmatches will occur
NUMBER OF TEAMS:
- Esker Point Beach: 10 net maximum,10 teams maximum per division
- Ocean Beach: 20 net maximum, 20 teams maximum per division
- Divisions filled on first-come,first-served basis
- Advance registration and paymentis REQUIRED to guarantee your team spot!
- Walk-ons will be accommodated asable.
- $520 minimum prize purse for Open divisions with 10 or more teams in the division. A minimum of $50 will be deducted from the prize purse total for each team under 10.
- $250 minimum prize purse for AA divisions with 10 or more teams in the division. A minimum of $50 will be deducted from the prize purse total for each team under 5.
- $400 minimum prize purse for COED AA divisions with 10 or more teams in the division. A minimum of $50 will be deducted from the prize purse total for each team under 10.
- Merchandise, sponsor prizes and beach volleyball essentials available to all divisions at the discretion of the tournament coordinator.