Module 1 (50 hours) – Creative and Meaningful Sequencing – Refine your skills of effective and powerful class sequencing
In this course you will learn the art of creative and meaningful sequencing to create purposeful and powerful practices for students and for yourself. As a teacher it is important to not only understand how to sequence a class but the WHY behind it. Students will have a significantly more powerful experience on the mat when they are properly warmed physically, but also have the ability to experience a deeper purpose for their practice from a spiritual and philosophical level when offered in an appropriate way that will give them something extra to take away and apply to their life off the mat.
The course material will cover:
- Sequencing for Level 1 – Level 3 students in terms of appropriate peak poses and transitions for a sequence along with considerations or options for an open level class.
- Sequencing based on anatomical function and dysfunction, including how to sequence for private clients.
- Sequencing around an energetic quality such as the chakras, gunas, doshas or meridians.
- Sequencing around philosophical teaching such as the yamas & niyamas. We will go deeper and more curiously into why we teach what we teach and how we live in a way that supports our teaching. How can we be more authentic and real?
- Sequencing around the fascial system and anatomical trains.
- Sequencing for peak pose in vinyasa and alignment based hatha classes.
Students will be given an outline of the above sequences. Each day will begin with a yoga practice based on one of these specific topics.
After the morning practice we will spend the time discussing and analysing the practice to explain the how and the why. The afternoon will be spent with students working in groups to create sequences together. The day will close with a brief presentation from each group about their sequence and a short practice focused on opening the different fascial lines in the body complete with a meditation.
Teachers will leave with a better understanding of how to create more meaningful classes for their students, with the aim of gaining greater confidence and knowledge in sequencing with a new toolkit to take away. Teachers will have a better understanding of what options to provide for open level classes, including bringing in secondary themes to create more depth and inspiration to teachings.
Are you ready to take your yoga teaching to the next level. Looking for a +500/300 hour training program that will suit your needs and lifestyle approach.
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training gives you a broader and deeper set of skills and insights to bring into your personal practice and your teaching. We focus on developing an advanced understanding of how to effectively teach asana through intelligent and thoughtful sequencing of both Vinyasa (August 2018) and Yin yoga (November 2018), pranayama and meditation practices to all levels and conditions of students including group and private sessions. We look in greater depth at each of the topics considered essential in the ongoing development as a professional yoga teacher. Our lead teachers are highly experienced and passionate about yoga and want to share this incredible transformational journey into deeper study of self and others. Please take a look at their bios on the website http://omyogastudio.co.nz/about-the-trainers.
This program asks for your full commitment to being on the path of the teacher, starting with staying in your personal practice and teaching in an active way. This pathway gives you the freedom to choose specific areas for deeper study and training with the modules over the course of a year.
5-Day Intensive format (50-60 hours)
• 4 Modules spread over 1 Year (240 hours)
• 25 hours mentored teaching
Non-contact hours: Independent Student Study occur throughout the year including final written exam.
4-Module Intensive Format (50-60 hours per module)
• Module I is 22 August – 26 August – Creative and Meaningful Sequencing
• Module 2 is 7-11 November – Yin, Mindfulness and Meridians
• Module 3 is February 2019 (DTBA) – Biomechanics and Functional Anatomy for the Modern Day Yogi
• Module 4 is June 2019 (DTBA) – Philosophy, Pranayama, Energy and Advanced Asana
• Completion of a credible 200-hour yoga teacher training.
• Commitment to deeper learning and the development of more refined skills.
• At least 6-12 months of regular teaching experience.
Cost per module: $1100
Early bird payment for sequencing: $950 before 30 June 2018
Cost for full payment of 300 hours: $4,000
Early registration cost: $3,600
Payment options are available.
For cancellation one month prior to the start date of the purchased module, payment will be refunded less $500 application fee. Less than one month prior to and up to the day before training begins, 25% of the teacher training cost will be refunded. There is NO refund once training begins.
For full payment of 300 hours, NO refund once the first training with us begins.